Are you a freelance PHP or Ruby on Rails programmer who would like to connect with a high-quality team, with the option of working in an office environment or from home? (Our contractors are welcome to work out of our office on their other jobs, too, if you are in the neighborhood.) Or are you someone who would like to add some income working evenings and weekends on a variety of challenging tasks? Creative Circle is a leading design, consulting and software provider for newspaper and other media companies. We have a diverse range of needs and flexible options for a key player working occasionally on specific tasks or working a regular, weekly part-time schedule.
We're flexible, but these are our most pressing needs:
• A strong understanding of PHP.
• Experience writing SQL with basic database design and management in MySQL and PostgreSQL.
• A good communicator.
• Problem-solver with strong initiative.
• Reliable person who makes deadlines.
• The ability to quickly diagnose and fix problems, listen to and discuss issues with clients in lay terminology, and stay calm and cool under pressure.
You get bonus points for:
• A good sense of design and UI.
• Basic Linux system administration abilities.
• SEO and/or social networking knowledge.
• HTML5 experience.
• Knowledge of Ruby on Rails programming.
• App development experience or a desire to work on app development.
• Mobile site development experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, code samples and rate or salary history. Part-time option requires working out of our office in East Providence, R.I. Contract workers can be anywhere in the U.S., but we are looking for long-term relationships with individual programmers. Send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org. (We are not interested in programming farms or firms or overseas developers, so please don’t waste your time or ours by responding.)
We look forward to meeting you!